OBD II Diagnostic App : An IoT Solution for an Automobile Parts Manufacturer
For a layperson, it is very difficult to read and understand DTCs (diagnostic trouble codes). Wells Vehicle Electronics wanted to have a mobile app that will enable for a non-technical user to understand OBD trouble codes and take preventive measures. We built a mobile app that communicates with the OBD-II Bluetooth dongle connected to a vehicle and explain any trouble code’s meaning and indicate the possible causes.
“About one in five vehicles on the road worldwide will have some form of wireless network connection by 2020, amounting to more than 250 million connected vehicles.”
- With this DIYer application, users can easily identify issues with their car.
- It provides end users with code definition, code explanation, and possible causes.
- Export trouble codes to PDF so that they can store it locally on the mobile device or can share it via email.
- Offline capability helps to show vehicle list even when the dongle is disconnected.
- User can browse through the application to view Help and other sections.
- It helps save a lot of time as it facilitates to export the trouble codes at the time of the incident so the issue can be resolved quickly.